Are you a bright and confident individual interested in expanding your horizons by studying for a post graduate degree in the UK?
Then this might just be for you. The British Council in Nigeria on behalf of the University of Sussex presents two unique scholarships for students applying to study in the UK. The awards are tenable at the University for the academic year, commencing in September 2013. This is a great opportunity for students, recent graduates and professionals who have aspirations of obtaining an international degree to do so.
To qualify for the Sussex Support Scholarships, applicants have to take part in our competition and meet the entry criteria listed below.
- Award name: Sussex Student Support Scholarships for Nigerian students (2013)(Open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students).
- Award name: Sussex Nigeria Postgraduate Scholarships (2013).
Sussex Student Support Scholarships for Nigerian students (2013)
This award is open to two (2) students at either undergraduate or postgraduate level and is valued at £5,000 per individual. It is inclusive of the following:
1. Full expenses towards hall fees for one academic year, estimated at £3,000 per individual.
2. One return flight ticket, estimated at £1,000 per individual.
3. One laptop estimated at £1,000 per individual.
All applicants should:
- Hold an offer of a place study at the University of Sussex for September 2013 start
- Hold an offer for full time Undergraduate or Postgraduate on-campus degree programs
- Be self-funded and not in receipt of any other scholarships at Sussex with the exception of the Sussex Support Scholarships
- Have sufficient financial ability to cover balance of tuition fee and living expenses
- A Nigerian citizen resident in Nigeria
- Interested applicants will be required to submit a 500 word essay detailing What makes the University of Sussex a GREAT place to study and the benefits to you.
- All essays should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for submission is the 23rd June 2013.
- Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates are required to fill and submit the application form along with their essay.
- Please note that candidates should attach copies of their credentials (i.e. university certificates).
- Please note that hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Sussex Nigeria Postgraduate Scholarships (2013)
This award is open to all students who meet the qualification criteria and apply to the University of Sussex for the academic session commencing September 2013. The award is inclusive of the following:
1. Fee reduction of £3,000 off standard tuition fee for full time on-campus degree programs (unlimited).
All applicants must:
- Have a good first degree from an accredited Nigerian University.
- A minimum of a second class upper degree (GPA 3.5/5 and above).
- Apply or have already applied and hold an offer at the University of Sussex for September start.
- Upon receiving an offer, complete an online declaration form available on the Sussex website.
- Be self-funded and not in receipt of any other scholarships at Sussex with the exception of the Sussex Support Scholarships.
- Have sufficient financial ability to cover balance of tuition fee and living expenses.
- A Nigerian citizen resident in Nigeria.
- Note: postgraduate courses in the Medical School and Institute of Development Studies are not eligible.
- No application is required however applicants must complete the online declaration form. Scholarships will be awarded only to offer holders meeting all the qualification criteria.
- Please note that there is no application deadline for Award 2.
Interested applicants are requested to read carefully through the attached documentation and respond by the given deadlines.
Any questions about the scholarship or the University can be sent to email@example.com
For more information about this programme visit the British Council website
Good luck with your application!